The following groups and individuals located in Iowa are eligible to purchase from
Iowa Prison Industries per Iowa Administrative Code 201–37.2 (904):
- Tax-supported institutions and government subdivisions, including
state, county and city agencies, and school districts and to employees of such entities.
- Non-profit groups, including churches, fraternal organizations
and parochial schools.
- Non-profit health care facilities serving Medicaid or social security patients.
- General contractors when the products purchased will be sold to a public entity as defined above. Additional restrictions apply; for more information please visit the IPI sales to general contractors page.
The same eligibility guidelines apply to groups and individuals located outside of Iowa, with the following additional requirements:
- Out-of-state customers will be expected
to prepay for orders plus all shipping charges before the order
is put in production or pulled from stock and finally shipped. Customer may also opt to make their own shipping arrangements from our plants.
customers will be required to contact the Correctional Industries program
in their home state to see if they can fulfill the order before
placing an order with IPI. A list of Industries programs and web
sites can be found on
NOTE: Federal Surplus Property is subject to different eligibility guidelines. Please
visit the Federal Surplus section for more information.